With Inspire 2018 fast approaching, what could be a better time to talk about awards? Better yet, the IMPACT awards!
The Impact Awards historically have served as a local opportunity for us to reward and recognize our partners in Canada for the incredible solutions they deliver throughout the year. These are Canadian centric awards that align to customer focused innovative solutions that develop tremendous market opportunities. This year we celebrate 15 years of recognizing Innovative Canadian Partner solutions!
That being said, this year we will recognize partners across 15 categories. See below for a list of all the awards and click here for more detailed criteria for each of the IMPACT awards (please download the “IMPACT Award Category Criteria”)
Finalists will be notified in early June and Winners will be announced during the Canadian Regional Keynote and Welcome Reception at the Inspire conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Sunday, July 15th and the IMPACT awards finalists’ dinner will take place the following day on Monday, July 16th at Picasso in the Bellagio Hotel.
How to Submit a Nomination for IMPACT Awards 2018:
It is a self-nomination system. The IMPACT Awards nomination tool will officially open on April 2. This is where you will go and submit your final nomination. We recommend that you read through the FAQ, Rules and Regulations and finally the award categories and criteria. The nomination tool is where you will fill in your information and upload your final nomination.
Keep in mind that you can log in to the Award Submission Tool any time after it opens at 12:01 A.M. PST on April 2, 2018 and you must enter by May 4, 2018 at 11.59 PST.
Some advice on submitting an award winning Nomination:
We have been fortunate to receive some incredible nominations every year, and every year the jobs of our judges become harder and harder! That tells us that not only are the submissions all fantastic but the innovative solutions they speak to are incredible and make evaluating the best that much tougher.
Gail Mercer-Mackay has worked with many partners in the past on writing their award winning nomination. Here is some friendly advice from her on how to craft an award winning submission:
“The difference between being recognized as a winner or a finalist with a Microsoft Canada IMPACT Award is not just about the delivery of the solution, but how well you tell your story. The judges are reading multiple entries from multiple partners. You need to give them a reason to select you above the others. Standing out is about telling a story of digital transformation that excites, inspires and moves the reader (the judge) to want you.”
So to get started, here is some direction:
Writing your entry:
1. Consider every question. Though you are not required to submit an answer against every question, consider every question in building your nomination – each submission is carefully reviewed by a panel of judges independently, so don’t skip a question.
2. Create a compelling story. Define the challenge vividly using specific details. Make your story human. Your technology solution is ultimately for people.
3. Showcase your solution. Position your solution value in terms of business innovation, technology innovation, and customer ROI. Remember, your solution must actually have been deployed. Show the depth of the Microsoft stack used and don’t forget to include information on how your solution went above and beyond answering your customers’ needs.
4. Prove your success. Here’s where all those numbers come in. Include your metrics. Have a measured return on investment. Show exactly what you achieved, with the stats to back it up.
5. Include customer evidence. Including links to supporting materials such as case studies, white papers, other awards, videos, or anything else that helps document you and your customers’ success. Don’t forget to ask your customers’ approval to use any of their content, although entries will not be disclosed without your consent.
Please note that there is a 5,000 character limit for each nomination, and each supporting document has a max size of 10 MB.
Editing and Final Review:
Don’t upload until it’s final! This bears repeating. Wait until your entry is completely final before uploading. We pull your nomination as a document to make it easier for you to submit.
Now, you’re ready to upload. Great job and good luck!
Submit your success stories. Get recognized. You deserve it!
For more information about IMPACT Awards, categories, and more, please visit the Awards page.
What do IMPACT Award Winners Receive?
• Customized logos and web banners that allow you to showcase your company as an esteemed Microsoft partner and winner of IMPACT Awards
• $500 discount for Microsoft Inspire 2019
• Custom public relations templates to help promote your award status
• Recognition collateral to help celebrate your success
• Congratulatory letters from key Canadian Microsoft executives
• Photo opportunities with key Canadian Microsoft executives at Microsoft Inspire
• Winners are recognized during Canadian keynote presentation at Microsoft Inspire in Las Vegas, Nevada
• Winners and Finalists are also invited to an exclusive awards dinner hosted by the Microsoft Executive Team. This is a unique opportunity to network with Microsoft executives and strengthen relationships with Microsoft business groups
Stay tuned for more exciting PR updates!
Besides bragging rights, these awards will showcase you as an exceptional company. These will put you on the map, differentiate you from the crowd as well as give you credibility! Winning an IMPACT award will enhance your reputation and profile to many degrees and will help push you in the right direction. Give decision-makers a better reason to believe in you, with the powerful recognition from Microsoft.
Hear from Sherweb, a 2017 IMPACT Award winner on how winning an IMPACT Award helped them:
“Winning an IMPACT award is an important recognition for SherWeb. It showcases our ability to innovate and excel using Microsoft solutions. The IMPACT award reinforces SherWeb’s value proposition and strengthens our credibility with our customers and partners.”
We cannot wait to see the incredible nominations this year and to celebrate some incredible wins! Good luck!