Eight key cybersecurity highlights from Microsoft Inspire 2020
I want to start with a thank you to all those who made our first-ever digital Microsoft Inspire 2020 a success. It was wonderful to connect as a global community of partners, and I’ve enjoyed the opportunity to continue networking with you following the event.
Given the adjustment to our working scenarios—particularly the widespread shift to remote work—it’s no surprise that cybersecurity was a popular topic during Microsoft Inspire 2020. While teams across the globe have been working tirelessly to adapt to the rapidly shifting business landscape, cyber bad actors have ramped up attempts to exploit new vulnerabilities at the same time. It has never been more important to ensure your organization is tuned in and up to date with its cyber defenses.
During Microsoft Inspire 2020, there were a variety of cybersecurity-themed announcements, on-demand sessions, blog posts, media interviews and other materials released that can help your organization and customers secure their data. Particularly relevant topics included adopting a Zero Trust framework, helping your organization build cyber resilience, and crafting risk management solutions for customers.
I’ve compiled a few noteworthy security resources that were released during Microsoft Inspire, including:
- An on-demand session on helping customers to reduce risk and build resilience with security compliance and identity solutions.
- An on-demand session on how Microsoft is using the power of the cloud to support customers’ transition to a Zero Trust approach, which can strengthen and streamline security while cutting costs.
- An on-demand session on how to help customers build and scale a thriving Azure managed services practice, including the native Azure Lighthouse and Azure Arc solutions and the unified Azure management portal with at-scale cloud and hybrid management capabilities and brand-new, granular access controls.
- A Microsoft Security blog post that details security updates for Microsoft 365 and Azure, including Microsoft Endpoint Data Loss Prevention, Insider Risk Management and Communication Compliance for Microsoft 365, third-party data connectors for Azure Sentinel, and Double Key Encryption for Microsoft 365.
- News about Microsoft Azure including how you can boost security and limit internet exposure with Azure data factory’s preview of managed VNet support, and how we’re building safer, more resilient workplaces with IoT solutions.
- Newly announced Power Platform tools that will help companies safely return their employees to the office.
- Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection Account Protection and Loss Prevention to help protect customers, the government, and retailers.
- You can read about all the announcements from Microsoft in the Microsoft Inspire 2020 Book of News, which documents all news items announced during the event, including security updates, other product news, and the latest on our sustainability initiatives.
While the cyberthreats we face are more sophisticated than ever, our network has never been better equipped to defend itself. We’re committed to continuing to work with the full partner ecosystem to minimize the impact of these threats, and together we can keep our organizations, customers and communities safe and secure, both now and in the future.