Accelerating the missions of nonprofits
Today’s blog is written by Justin Spelhaug, Vice President of Tech for Social Impact, Microsoft Philanthropies. Microsoft Tech for Social Impact aims to accelerate digital transformation across three million nonprofits globally, so they can have a greater impact on the world’s most critical social issues.
The world’s poorest people have been disproportionately affected by the past few years of ongoing public health and economic issues. Humanitarians have worked on the frontlines to save lives, alleviate suffering, and maintain human dignity. On World Humanitarian Day, we pause to honor the heroes providing emergency relief to people impacted by crises, natural disasters, and war.
Nonprofit organizations around the world play a crucial role in supporting these humanitarian efforts. Through Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit and our partner ecosystem, I have the privilege of watching how our 14,000 partners have helped nonprofits transform and scale their mission and impact.
Tackling the world’s most critical social issues
Addressing inequality, eliminating poverty, and protecting the planet are all in a day’s work for nonprofits, yet these organizations face the constant pressure to do more with less. With their social, environmental, and humanitarian services in high demand, access to innovative technology can empower nonprofits to drive change.
Within this collective responsibility there is enormous opportunity for Microsoft partners.
As nonprofit organizations strive to address inequity and social vulnerability around the world, we continue to invest in technologies that propel their work. We invite you to partner with us to accelerate the missions of nonprofits and grow your business with Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit.
Building on momentum with Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit
At Microsoft, we are committed to supporting every nonprofit by making technology affordable, accessible, and effective for nonprofits around the world through our global technology grants, discounts, and innovation agenda. In November 2021, we launched Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit, which brings together our trusted cloud capabilities into a platform aligned to sector best practices and supports critical organizational scenarios. Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit is underpinned by a Common Data Model for Nonprofits, making it easier and less expensive for partners to innovate, and for nonprofits to integrate with existing solutions and share data across the organization. The Fundraising and Engagement Solution, built on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise, and the Volunteer Management Solution have been deployed by our partners around the world.
Microsoft is here to help organizations meet the increasing demands of a changed world through continued innovation. Built on Microsoft Dynamics 365, we also offer Microsoft Community Training, a free platform that enables every volunteer to gain the skills they need to effectively deliver programs and services.
#BuildFor2030: Helping nonprofits transform and scale mission impact
Microsoft is accelerating innovation, changemaking, and collective impact with our partner ecosystem in the nonprofit space through the Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Initiative. This call-to-action for Microsoft partners helps advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a set of 17 initiatives adopted by member states in 2015 focused on creating a more inclusive, sustainable, and equitable world by 2030.
Through the #BuildFor2030 Initiative, we help partners skill up on how to build for impact, publish through the Microsoft commercial marketplace, and accelerate growth with GTM benefits.
We’re proud of partners building solutions that enable nonprofits to better engage their donors and supporters, deliver effective programming, and secure donor and participant data. They are driving greater change for the causes and communities they serve.
For World Humanitarian Day, we recognize Microsoft partners helping drive change.
- Heller Consulting offers a Microsoft Cloud for Nonprofit Assessment, which provides guidance to help organizations leverage Microsoft technology to best enable their mission.
- DonorSearch offers an integrated prospect research and wealth-screening application, DonorSearch for Microsoft, built on the Microsoft Power Platform, which identifies and qualifies donor prospects based on philanthropic affinity and capacity to give, fueling fundraising success.
- HSO US provides the Social Services Case Management Accelerator, an integrated client and case management framework that supports the complete client lifecycle to improve efficiency and efficacy for social services based non-profit organizations.
- MISSION CRM is a complete, cloud-based donor management and fundraising system built on the Nonprofit Common Data Model, providing a single-truth hub that elevates the engagement with donors and efficiency of nonprofit operations.
- The RSM Grants Management System offers a customizable database and portal solution that guides grantees and grantors through every aspect of a grant’s lifecycle.
- Wipfli’s Microsoft Community Training 6-Week Implementation offers an Azure-based learning platform built for organizations to run community learning programs, delivering curated training at scale to community and citizen learners in low-connectivity areas.
- Enterprisecloud offers a Nonprofit Participant & Volunteer Management 1-Hr Briefing, allowing organizations to decide if Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service is suitable for their needs and integrates easily into the other systems of the organization.
- Altron Karabina’s .NET App Modernization Discovery 1-Day Workshop shows organizations how to evaluate and prioritize .NET applications for modernization, and how Microsoft technologies can help increase .NET application resiliency and allow easy scaling.
Want to join us? We want to help showcase your impact. Nominate your solution to be featured in our #BuildFor2030 Initiative, join the upcoming Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon, and develop the next solution that can help transform the critical work of nonprofits.
Microsoft is deeply committed to accelerating digital transformation for nonprofits globally, so they can have greater impact on the world’s most critical social issues. We hope you join us in tackling the urgent challenges of our day. Together, we can reimagine a better future.