Of course we know the reasons why we would attend if we were you. There’s the incredible technical content to help guide your business, unmatched networking opportunities, and new tracks offered that are practically an event within an event including the Emerging Leaders track, Business Leadership track and Sales and Marketing track.
But none of that matters to us as much as the reasons why you are joining us this year for WPC 2013. So, we’ve created a sweepstakes where you can share your reasons for attending or wanting to attend. The best part? One lucky winner will win a Free All-Access pass to WPC 2013 (or full refund for their 2013 pass), and five winners will get a sweet #WPC13 t-shirt to sport in Houston. Who doesn’t want a free t-shirt with the hashtag on it?
Are you ready to play? Here’s how. We’re asking you to tweet “I’m going to #WPC13 for” or “I want to go to #WPC13 for” with your biggest reason for attending between now and June 7 when the sweepstakes ends. That’s it. As long as you tweet those words, you’re entered for a chance to win.
We’re sure you don’t need any help finding reasons, but just in case, here’s a few examples:
“I’m going to #WPC13 for the networking opportunities”
“I’m going to #WPC13 for more info on growing my business in the cloud”
“I want to go to #WPC13 for the great speakers in the Sales & Marketing track”
So starting tweeting. We’ll be looking for your reasons for attending and getting more and more energized by the day.
*No Purchase Necessary. Open only to authorized reps of partners actively enrolled in the MPN who are 18+. Game ends June 7 2013. Grand Prize Winner must pay all travel costs to attend WPC 2013. Official Rules below.
MICROSOFT TWEET AND WIN A WPC 2013 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
This Sweepstakes is hosted in the United States, and entry information is collected on computers in the United States. This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes. If you do not agree with this provision and these Official Rules, please do not enter this Sweepstakes.
COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES:
These are the official rules that govern how the Microsoft WPC 2013 Sweepstakes promotion will operate. This promotion will be simply referred to as the “Sweepstakes” throughout the rest of these rules.
In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer to Microsoft Corporation, the sponsor of the Sweepstakes. “You” refers to an eligible Sweepstakes entrant.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on June 3, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on June 7, 2013 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Sweepstakes if you meet the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are an authorized representative of a company actively enrolled in the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) and you are 18 years of age or older; and
- If you are 18 of age or older, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you should ask your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission prior to submitting an entry into this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or a person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void outside of the geographic area described above and wherever else prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
To enter, you must do all of the following:
- Sign into your Twitter account and follow the links and instructions to become a follower of @WPC.
- From your own account, post “I’m going to #WPC13 for [YOUR REASON HERE]” or “I want to go to #WPC13 for [YOUR REASON HERE]” with your reason for attending/wanting to attend and reference the tag #WPC13. Your tweet should match one of the following formats:
”I’m going to #WPC13 for [YOUR REASON HERE] Rules ____________”
“I want to go to #WPC13 for [YOUR REASON HERE] Rules ___________”
By posting this tweet, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing. We will only accept one (1) entry(ies) per entrant.
We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select winners of the prizes designated below.
One (1) Grand Prize. An all-access pass to the 2013 Worldwide Partnership Conference. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $2,000.
Five (5) First Prizes. A 2013 Worldwide Partnership Conference t-shirt. ARV $20.
The total ARV of all prizes: $2,100.
*Note: All travel expenses associated with attending WPC 2013 are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. If you are selected as the grand prize winner but have already purchased your WPC 2013 pass, we will reimburse you for the cost of your ticket.
We will only award one (1) prize(s) per person during the Entry Period. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a message to the e-mail address, the phone number, or mailing address (if any) provided at time of entry within seven (7) days following the random drawing. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Sweepstakes or the person residing at the mailing address listed on your mail-in entry. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are 18 or older, but are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select an alternate, randomly selected winner.
If you are confirmed as a winner of this Sweepstakes:
- You may not exchange your prize for cash or any other merchandise or services. However, if for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable, we reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value; and
- You may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we will award it to an alternate potential winner; and
- If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
- If you are otherwise eligible for this Sweepstakes, but are considered a minor in your place of residence, we may award the prize to your parent/legal guardian on your behalf; and
- Unless otherwise noted, all prizes are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty and / or terms and conditions.
WHAT ARE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING?
Your odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries we receive.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS ARE YOU AGREEING TO BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft,and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That Microsoft’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Sweepstakes; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Sweepstakes will be governed by the laws of the State of Washington, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Washington for any disputes arising out of this Sweepstakes.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE SWEEPSTAKES CAN’T RUN AS PLANNED?
If cheating, a virus, bug, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled, (also referred to as force majeure) affects the fairness and / or integrity of this Sweepstakes, we reserve the right to cancel, change or suspend this Sweepstakes. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Sweepstakes, we reserve the right randomly to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Sweepstakes.
If you attempt to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by hacking or by cheating or committing fraud in ANY way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may ban you from participating in any of our future Sweepstakes, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN YOU FIND OUT WHO WON?
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at DigitalWPC.com. This list will remain posted one month after June 7, 2013.
WHO IS SPONSORING THIS SWEEPSTAKES?
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052