The Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) is only a few days away. As your Experience Ambassador, I have put together a few tips to help ensure that you have the best WPC ever.
First, a few reminders as you get ready:
- Check out digitalwpc.com for special rates for the Airport Express shuttle—be sure to reserve your seat.
- If you are traveling from outside of Canada, don’t forget to bring a valid passport or visa and any/all confirmation letters.
- Check with your healthcare provider about coverage.
- Be sure to check with your cell service provider about international rates and coverage plans. Remember: SIM Cards are available for purchase through our Windows Phone partner, eXpansys. Save time and avoid the lines at registration: buy your SIM card now and pick it up at the eXpansys booth by the registration tables or at the Windows Phone booth in the Solution Innovation Center (SIC) expo hall. A Skype bar and Lync stations will also be available at the Solution Innovation Center.
Finally, bring snacks, wear comfortable shoes, and bring a sweater – just in case. We’ll have backpacks and water bottles that will be distributed upon registration check-in.
Next, planning ahead will ensure your time pays off:
- When you arrive, your laminated attendee badge will be attached to a lanyard instead of the standard badge holder, and you will find information about how to assemble it when you pick it up.
- Review the attendee transportation information in the “getting here” section of this page, so that you are apprised of your resources.
- You can use your phone to scan photos and business cards, so be sure you have Microsoft Tag Reader loaded; there will be tons of opportunities to snap tags everywhere and provide the WPC team with feedback.
- Don’t forget to use WPC Connect to make connections with Microsoft employees and other partners.
- Bring lots of business cards and network, network, network!
- Register early for the Partner to Partner Speed Networking:
- Don’t miss the IAMCP Women in Technology exclusive charity luncheon on Wednesday, July 11. There’s only room for 300 new registrants so be sure to register if you haven’t already.
Now, on to the fun stuff! There are tons of parties and special events that you won’t want to miss, including:
- The Day of Giving on Sunday, July 8. This is a heartwarming event and an opportunity for us to give back to the city of Toronto! Join me in making a difference for this community.
- Deepak Chopra shares his insights with us on Wednesday, July 11, during the 9:00–11:00 A.M. session at the Air Canada Centre Arena.
- The partner celebration takes place Thursday night at the Polson Pier with a nightclub style experience as we dance to the sounds of Grammy-award winning band, Train.
You’re Invited! Join us for these receptions while at WPC:
Sunday, July 8th, 3pm – 5pm Welcome Reception
We will be serving light appetizers, beer and wine from local producers in Canada. It will be a festive atmosphere following all of the great work that happened with our Day of Giving event. We’ll also have a DJ spinning music. We’d love all Partners to attend, and especially for Microsoft employees in order to provide a warm welcome to the Partners. For partners, this is their first touch point with Microsoft and with WPC. Remember to pick up your badge, as it’s required for entry.
Monday, July 9th, 6pm – 7:30pm SIC Reception
We will be serving appetizers, beer and wine. The focus will be an international flair from producers local to Canada. This reception will focus on the exhibitors and sponsors who will be greeting our Partners, and also with a larger focus on business building. It’s really the “first look” at the Solution Innovation Center. There will be 5 Tech Data kiosks at the welcome reception so that you can learn how Tech Data can support your business. Present passport to each kiosk to be stamped. Once completed turn in your stamped passports to the Tech Data expo pavilion (booth number 425) and enter to win great prizes! Everyone is invited!
Thursday, July 12th 7pm – 10pm Partner Celebration
The Partner Celebration will take place at Polson Pier near downtown Toronto. This venue is on the lake, with amazing views of the downtown skyline. The event will have more of a nightclub feel and will be a full house! The main focus will be the private performance by Train and networking with beautiful views of the city. The reason to stay is to have one last drink with all of the people you have met throughout the week. We’ll be providing transportation to and from the hotels, as well as a small bus for those who want to enjoy after hours in the Entertainment district. The F&B will focus on an outdoor BBQ atmosphere, with beer and wine.
Finally, you will definitely want to spend some time in the SIC. There, you will discover dozens of spotlighted solutions, cutting-edge technologies, and never-before-seen products—plus huge gatherings of Microsoft partners and employees. Check out Microsoft Translator, Modularis car, the Citizenship Local Impact Map, and more. I am looking forward to hearing from you about the business-building, networking, and innovative ideas that you’ve experienced while at WPC. I know it will be an incredible experience for you as we embark on A New Era. Together.
See you soon!