Skill up, build new solutions and compete to win at the Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon
The inaugural Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon is well underway. We have extended the final entry deadline to 11:59 PM Pacific Time, November 22. This extension provides more time for partners to participate and successfully submit their entries.
I am so proud of our partners who have gathered hackathon teams within their organizations to build transformational solutions and services to advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as part of our Microsoft #BuildFor2030 initiative.
More than 400 participants from over 20 countries have now joined our hackathon community to innovate and unlock new industry solutions around five themes—gender equality, sustainability, accessibility, enabling nonprofits, and empowering communities.
We’re on an urgent path to secure a more inclusive and sustainable future that works better for more of us. I encourage you to bring your leadership and expertise to build and drive new solutions to market, seize the inclusive market opportunity, participate in the hack, and finish strong!
- Have a great idea and a desire to make a difference? There is still time to participate! Watch this introduction to the #BuildFor2030 Hackathon and learn how you can ideate new features and solutions and start hacking.
- Then, join the Microsoft #BuildFor2030 Hackathon community to leverage your participant guide and resources. Engage with us at technical and non-technical events to get up to speed and have your questions answered.
A total of $50,000 in cash prizes, as well as technical and go-to-market benefits, have been lined up to help winning partners further develop their solutions and bring them to market.
Gain skills and tools to support your hack and solution building
Make the most of your experience by skilling up, networking with other like-minded partners, and sharing your hackathon and solution building journey with your customers and employees.
You can attend workshops on responsible AI principles, accessibility and inclusive design, the Microsoft Sustainability Calculator, changemaking, researching the SDGs, and more.
Attend upcoming live events:
- Leverage P2P to support your hackathon journey and solution building journey with International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners (IAMCP) | November 10th from 12:00 AM to 1:00 AM Pacific Time
- P2P/Technical Live Chats with IAMCP and Black Channel Partner Alliance
View sessions now available on demand:
- Introduction to the #BuildFor2030 initiative
- How to research and design a cloud solution to solve UN Goals with Women in Cloud
- Responsible AI
- Microsoft Sustainability Calculator
- Solution Workspace: Curated resources to help partners build, go to market, and sell
- Embracing Accessibility with Inclusive Design
- Coding for Accessibility
- Enable internal changemaking at all levels for impact with Ashoka Changemaker Companies
- Building social impact solutions for the nonprofit sector
- How to write a winning hackathon entry using storytelling & infographics with The WIT Network
We appreciate and thank our community partners who are leaning in to help make the #BuildFor2030 Hackathon a success.
Collectively as a powerful Microsoft partner ecosystem, we can use the best of technologies to scale our impact and make a difference. I look forward to reading your entries!
The #BuildFor2030 Hackathon is open to partner organizations with an active membership with the Microsoft Partner Network. We have extended the entry submission deadline and final entries are due by 11:59 PM Pacific Time, November 22.