The business world is changing. As the industry is impacted by worldwide digital transformation, it’s clear that businesses who invest in their technology and in their partnerships are better able to outpace the competition. At Microsoft Partner Network, we’re committed to helping you do more to take advantage of this opportunity. If you are new to MPN, it can be a bit confusing to know where to start. With these insider tips and the support and resources you need to grow your business, we are confident that MPN is the place for you.
First Things First
As a new member of MPN, you might be asking what are the first things you should do? Here’s a brief video outlining the 4 things we think are the most important action items to help you hit the ground running.
Next Steps in Leveraging Your Membership
The Microsoft Partner Network empowers businesses to become more than the sum of their parts. We do this by giving partners access to expertise, opportunities, tools, and a growing community of businesses — all with the goal of helping you grow your business. Here’s how we do it.
There are currently three different membership options available to partners, each with its own unique offerings that are easily customized to your preference. These membership levels are designed to help partners grow in their paths to becoming the experts that customers know they can trust.
- The entry-level Network Membership offers free training, support, and customer connection opportunities for partners.
- The Microsoft Action Pack Membership offers an annual subscription for partners serving SMB customers that includes all entry-level benefits as well as access to resource centers, internal use rights for up to 10 employees, and additional support.
- For those businesses that earn the designation, Microsoft Silver and Gold Competencies highlight your capabilities, expertise, and commitment in specific Microsoft solution areas.
- Silver Competency includes all the entry-level benefits, plus more internal use rights (up to 25 seats), eligibility for incentive programs, and additional support and advisory hours.
- Gold Competency includes all benefits previously mentioned, plus up to 100 seats for internal use rights, access to even greater incentive programs, support, and advisory hours.
The benefits provided to Microsoft partners across the different membership levels can best be broken down into four categories: Internal-Use Rights, Marketing Resources, Incentives, and Support & Community Resources.
Internal Use Rights
IUR helps you sell what you know by using Microsoft software and online services to run your business. IUR cloud services and on-prem software gives partners first-hand knowledge of product features and capabilities, increasing productivity and providing opportunities to demo and test services as well as sell more, save money, and gain access to support as needed. Programs included under the IUR include Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security Suite, a monthly credit for Microsoft Azure, Dynamics CRM, and more. Learn more about the offerings by visiting the IUR site on the portal.
Access to professional, personalized marketing content is another benefit that will help you grow your business successfully as a Microsoft partner. This benefit helps you save time and money and provides access to tools for reaching your customers more effectively. To access these marketing resources, check out Smart Partner Marketing for insight into your marketing experience and customized resources and Marketing SureStep for a unique look at where you are in the cloud journey.
For Silver and Gold level partners, various incentives are designed to reward businesses for engaging with shared customers and to help expand their customer reach in the Enterprise, SMB, Cloud Services, and Devices categories. Sign into the partner incentives page to learn more about which incentives you qualify for.
Support & Community Resources
Here are just a few of the support and community resources available to partners today.
- Partner support community forums
- Phone-based support (1-800-MPNSOLV)
- Signature cloud support
- Technical presales and deployment service
- MPN 101 calls
- Localized MPN Yammer groups
- The International Association of Microsoft Certified Partners (IAMCP)
Now that you have the support and resources you need, we’re sure that MPN will help you to achieve even your greatest business goals.
What are the first steps you would recommend to help new partners get the most out of joining the Microsoft Partner Network?