When I hear people talk about building a presence on Facebook for their B2B efforts, I always scratch my head. Don’t get me wrong: as the community manager for MPN I can tell you that we do have a Facebook page – well, we actually have two! But what we do there is very different than what we might do on Twitter or here on Digital WPC.
- Look at how you can build out your professional profile page.
- Use groups and questions to build your thought leadership.
- Gain an understanding of how business pages can help to market your business.
- Find out about the etiquette of endorsements.
- Get a brief overview of premium accounts and small-scale media buys, which include ads and Inmail.
- By the end you’ll gain the initial building blocks to optimize your profile page and business page on LinkedIn.
MICROSOFT WPC LINKEDIN PREMIUM ACCOUNT GIVEAWAY EVENT SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PLEASE NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: Microsoft is committed to complying with government gift and ethics rules and therefore government employees are not eligible.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Sweepstakes starts at 3:00 PM, local time, on July 12, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM, local time, on July 13, 2012 (“Entry Period”). Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a registered attendee of the BL43 – Breakout Session: Building Your Business Brand on LinkedIn session at the Worldwide Partner Conference 2012; and
- You are NOT a resident of Quebec, Canada; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- PLEASE NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria. Therefore residents of these countries / regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT event exhibitor support personnel; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW DO I ENTER?
You can enter by attending BL43 – Breakout Session: Building Your Business Brand on LinkedIn, presented by Katlen Tillman on July 12 at 3:00 p.m. ET during the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference in Toronto.
Upon receiving instructions on how to enter during the session, sign in to your WPC Connect account and post about the topic stated by the host in the breakout session discussion area no later than July 13, 2012.
Regardless of how many times you post, you will only receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes overall.
Limit one (1) entry per person. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
On or around the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select winners of the prizes designated below.
Six (6) Grand Prizes. Each winner will receive six months of LinkedIn Business Plus subscription. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $300.00 each.
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: $1,800
We will only award one (1) prize per person during the Entry Period.
PLEASE NOTE: Entrants selected in any drawing in Canada will be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by mail or by telephone.
Winners will be selected after the event and notified by e-mail, telephone, or regular mail within seven (7) days following the drawing with prize claim instructions. If the notification we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award the prize to an alternate winner.
Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize or fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release or W-8 BEN form, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries we receive. In the event of a dispute all decisions of Microsoft are final.
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WINNERS LIST AND SPONSOR
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth $25.00 or more online at digitalwpc.com. This list will remain posted one month after July 13, 2012.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft uses the information you provide to notify prize winners, and to send you information about other Microsoft products and services, if requested by you. Microsoft will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law. Microsoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above.
If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this statement, please notify us by sending email to askmpn @microsoft.com or postal mail to askmpn, Microsoft Privacy, Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remedy the situation.