For those of us in the United States, we are sending our kids back to school, wrapping up our summer vacations, and enjoying some nice weather. Around the globe, I know many are on holiday or are concluding their sabbaticals. We’re re-energized, re-focusing, and honing in on the opportunities that we have in front of us.
I’ve been reading up on Houston and wanted to share with you some of the must-see, must-do attractions that Houston has so that you can think about how you’ll be spending next July with partners from over 152 countries around the world. It will come sooner than you think.
- Houston has a theater district with restaurants and live entertainment. Bayou Place is a central hot spot for visitors that I think might have some great locations for parties while we’re at WPC!
- Shopping and more shopping – the Houston Galleria is an upscale shopping mall that also houses the Westin Hotel.
- Johnson Space Center is a renowned attraction where tourists can enjoy a simulator of a zero-gravity environment. Definitely, something you can’t get many other places.
- Elephants, Giraffes, and Lions are featured at the Houston Zoo where over 4,500 animals live. This would be a great place to take a tour or spend a day before or after the conference.
- If you’re thinking of bringing along the family, Houston has Kemah Boardwalk, an amusement and entertainment park. There’s a Ferris wheel, train ride, and carousel. Also, there’s Splashtown, a family water park in North Houston.
- The downtown Aquarium has a 100ft. carousel that’s impressive. We’ll have to check that one out while we’re in Houston, as well.
- The Sam Houston Race Park is a Class 1 racetrack featuring live music shows and horse racing. Another interesting feature of this city.
Houston has a lot to offer and I’m looking forward to heading down to Texas for a site visit very soon. In the meantime, take a look around the Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau site for more information and to get an inside look at what we’re going to experience in Texas.
Also, I want to remind you that for a Limited Time Pre-Registration offers the best price for partners. For just $1,595US, you can lock-in your all-access pass registration for WPC 2013. I hope you’ll take advantage of this great offer.