If you’re not doing content marketing on your website, you’re missing out on an important opportunity to connect with your target audience and drive sales revenue. According to a study from Deloitte, US retail sales influenced by digital are on the rise, from just 14 percent in 2013 to 56 percent in 2016.
Consumers want high quality digital content to help them make informed purchasing decisions. And what’s more, new findings from CNET and other third-party organizations show that relevant, actionable content doesn’t just help a little. It significantly increases online buying.
Now’s the time to find out how you can easily integrate quality, syndicated content into your digital marketing strategy with help from Microsoft’s Digital Commerce and Campaign Network (DCCN).
The research shows: content matters
Recently, CNET worked with an Italian retailer and five manufacturers to examine the impact of inline product content over a two-month period. Their A/B testing showed an overall increase of 6.55 percent in add-to-carts simply by including inline content on their product pages.
Further, when content was viewed by customers, add-to-carts rose to an even more impressive 14.64 percent, and if customers interacted with the content, add-to-carts jumped to more than 26 percent!
Another study by Salsify found:
- 71 percent of retailers believe detailed product content helps them sell more online
- 68 percent said content helps them personalize customers’ experiences
- 59 percent find that it positively impacts the in-store shopping experience
Three keys to impactful content:
- Substance: content must be targeted and useful to consumers
- Timing: choose the right moment
- Placement: content placed higher on the page is more viewable
How DCCN can help
Creating and publishing content can take a lot of time, money, and effort. Thankfully, DCCN is a web-based content syndication platform that makes it fast and easy to add dynamic, engaging product content to your website at no cost. DCCN provides sell sheets, white papers, decks, brochures, and other targeted content that educates consumers and helps you to drive awareness, product demand, and sales revenue.
Internal Microsoft research shows that the more than 3,000 partners worldwide who are already taking advantage of DCCN are generating 34 percent more revenue quarterly (on average) than partners who aren’t.
What’s new in DCCN
We’re always working to enhance the value of the DCCN platform. Check out the latest features and updates offered by DCCN 3.0.
Our new “Top Solutions for PC Problems” is under the Support Solutions topic. Authored by Microsoft’s support engineers and localized into 16 languages, it spans the most common issues across the breadth of Microsoft products.
Here are a few key benefits to offering this content:
- “Self-serve” aspect helps customers resolve issues on their own.
- Save time and money-and save your customers frustration-by reducing the number of support calls.
- Boost your credibility and nurture customer trust and loyalty by showing that you take customer needs seriously.
Easier to use
- Intuitive user interface and streamlined workflow: Now you can choose from a variety of web campaigns that support your business objectives.
- Updated dashboard: Refreshed every Monday, it includes the same critical data as before in a simplified, easier-to-navigate layout.
- Enhanced support: Use our new DCCN Support Center to find what you need faster-including FAQs and user guides.
- Training: The support center includes three new training videos to get you up to speed with the platform.
- Expanded banner selections include the addition of all industry-standard sizes, for greater flexibility. Plus, enhanced publishing capabilities enable you to directly embed content onto new or existing site pages.
- “Buy now” feature helps you to configure links that direct your customers to the next logical step in their purchase journey: the pages where you sell featured products.
- Gated content gives you qualified leads by requiring customers to complete a form when they download high-value content.
If you’re already using DCCN, be sure to take advantage of all of this and more. If you’re not, we highly recommend that you take advantage of this no-cost resource and get started today.
Share with the Microsoft Partner Community on your own content marketing journey here.