Microsoft will be making a series of changes across our program and product portfolio to provide unique offers that support customer digital transformation, improve the buying and selling experience, and make it easier to do business with Microsoft. We continue to execute on our Modern Commerce strategy by introducing programmatic changes across our VL programs that relate specifically to offer pricing and discounting.
Pricing adjustments coming on October pricelists
On October 1, 2018, we will adjust pricing for our licensing programs and make price adjustments to on-premises and cloud products. These changes will highlight the benefits of our pricing for a cloud-first world, help us move from program-centric to a customer-centric pricing structure, and create more consistency and transparency across our purchasing channels.
October pricing changes include:
- Establishing a single, consistent starting price across all programs aligned to web direct for online services (OLS)
- Removing the programmatic volume discounts (Level A and Open Level C) in Enterprise Agreement (EA)/EA Subscription, MPSA, Select/ Select Plus, and Open programs (Open, Open Value, Open Value Subscription)
- Aligning government pricing for on-premises and online services to the lowest commercial price in EA/EAS, MPSA, Select Plus, and Open Programs
- Delivering a newly designed Customer Price Sheet that better outlines how a customer’s price was derived (direct EA/EAS only)
In conjunction with the programmatic pricing changes, several changes to our product pricing will be delivered, including:
- Office 2019 commercial prices will increase 10 percent over current on-premises pricing
- The price increase will include Office client, Enterprise CAL, Core CAL, and server products
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3 offers will be renamed:
- E3 will now refer to the per user offer only- Windows 10 Enterprise E3 per User becomes Windows 10 Enterprise E3
- Windows 10 Enterprise E3 per Device becomes Windows 10 Enterprise
- The price of Windows 10 Enterprise will be raised to match the price of Windows 10 Enterprise E3
- Windows 10 Enterprise E5 per device will be discontinued
Each of these changes will be reflected on the October 2018 pricelists, with preview on the September 2018 pricelist.