It’s really easy to start a partnership with Microsoft Canada. We’ve put together a guide for Canadian partners to get all the resources to begin a journey as a partner, get the most out of your membership, get access to events, support, marketing and sales resources as well as to stay connected with the Canadian community. Download the guide to find the following information.
How to join Microsoft Partner Network?
- Learn how the Microsoft Partner program works for you: benefits, requirements, and more.
- Visit the Microsoft Partner website to get registered. Your Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) ID is your gateway to unlock all the membership benefits.
- Become a Partner Network member to get your free MPN ID. Upgrade to the Next level subscription to get software, support, and more benefits to build and grow your Microsoft practice in a cloud-first, mobile-first world.
To proceed with account creation, you’ll need to create or use an existing Microsoft account and permission from the Global Administrator.
Designate a primary contact for your company. They will accept terms and conditions and you will proceed to the Partner Dashboard.
Learn how to manage your membership
Partner Dashboard is your one-stop shop to manage your membership and access to tools and resources to grow your partnership with Microsoft. Setup your Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Global Administrator to manage your account.
The Azure Active Directory allows you to centralize user identities and manage access across devices. Reach out to your IT admin to determine whose tenant to be use for the Global Administrator. The Microsoft Partner
Network Global Administrator can:
• Assign user roles
• Update account details and locations
• Review and update addresses associated with MPN IDs
• Purchase an Action Pack subscription
• Attain a Silver or Gold competency
Check out the Membership Management Guide for more information
Activate your referrals, IURs and more
• Activate your referral engine to increase your visibility to customers by creating a business profile in the Partner Dashboard
• Activate your Microsoft Internal Use Rights (IURS) in the Partner Dashboard to meet your product development, testing and internal business needs
• Discover additional membership benefits so you don’t miss a thing
Access to training and events
Access in-person and online training through the Learning portal to learn more about sales, technical, product, solution topics, and prepare for your certification exam for your Microsoft Partner Network competency
• Check out quick starts, tutorials, API reference, and code examples on Microsoft documentation for developers and IT professionals
• Grow your technical capabilities faster with technical journeys and connect with a team of Microsoft partner technical consultants to help your business develop key capabilities
• Visit the Canadian training site to stay up to date on upcoming events.
Build a cloud solution or application
• Join the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program to get started with your cloud practice and receive personalized support and special offers to better meet your needs.
– Become a reseller after reviewing the minimum requirements
– Follow this step-by-step cloud solution provider enrollment guide – be sure to get your MPN ID at least 24 hours before enrolling
– Find an indirect service provider and establish a reseller partnership
• If you don’t have a Microsoft Account Manager assigned, engage 1:1 with a Microsoft specialist to understand your benefits, attain a cloud competency, become Co-Sell ready and more.
• If you are working on a new application, get the tools and resources Microsoft has for you here
Access Marketing and Sales resources
• Learn effective marketing tactics and tips through Smart Partner Marketing
• Leverage and customize ready-to-go marketing assets such as logos, campaigns, presentations, etc.
• Activate the Digital Marketing Content OnDemand tool to engage your existing networks with content tailored specifically for them. Track your impact, reach and new leads on real time.
• Publish your solution in the marketplace so customers and other partners, and Microsoft sellers can find you
• Leverage these Partner use of Microsoft brand and logos guidance:
1. Guidelines for using the Microsoft logo and brand
– Microsoft branding for partners
– Guidelines for Microsoft corporate logo usage (Microsoft logos in marketing)
– Guidelines about how to legally use Microsoft in text (Microsoft in text)
– Guidelines for Use of Microsoft Copyrighted Content (logos, screenshots, etc.)
2. Guidelines for Microsoft logo programs
• Windows Store badge resources (additional logo resources)
• Microsoft Partner Logo Builder
3. Co-branding scenario
When communicating with your customers, you are leading the communication, so you should use your own brand identity (colours, photos, fonts, etc.) and only include your logo in the branded position (upper left corner or creative assets). If using the Microsoft logo, please use the full colour version in the upper right corner.
Get Partner support
Receive free partner support:
• Have questions? Visit the Top Partner Questions FAQ site.
• Call 1(800)-MPN-SOLV (676-7658)
• Live chat support with a partner support agent from most pages on partner.microsoft.com
• Submit an incident ticket
• Utilize the Partner Support Community to problem solve with other partners and professionals
For Cloud Competency Partners, solve any technical cloud product issues with the Signature Cloud Support
Get paid partner support for more complex technical issues:
• Advanced support for partners growing their cloud business with intermediately-complex customer situations
• Premier support for partners: Comprehensive support for partners with complex customer issues to solve, related to the cloud, hybrid, or on-premises
Stay connected with the Canadian Partner Community
Stay updated and informed on what’s new and available for partners in Canada by connecting with us. Visit the Canadian partner hub, your Canadian one-stop-shop site where you will find:
– Monthly Canadian partner newsletter Opt-in option
– Upcoming monthly national partner calls and on-demand past calls
– Option to join the Canadian Partner community to create conversations, as well as connect with Microsoft experts and other partners across Canada.
– The Canadian Events calendar – a comprehensive schedule of in-person and virtual events
– Social media channels for partners in Canada.