Not a day goes by that I don’t come across another amazing story of how our partners are creating powerful solutions to help customers protect their business continuity as we navigate the new world of work in the COVID-19 era.
We are immensely grateful for the efforts you are all making, and we stand ready to help you always. We have seen enormous increase in demand for our cloud services, and are prioritising the needs of national critical infrastructure – but want you to know that we have no capacity issues at present.
The impact that you are having now is critically important – but it’s important that we also keep a watchful eye on the future. Once the COVID-19 crisis abates we want you to be in the best possible position.
Plan your future growth strategy
The way people are buying apps was changing rapidly even ahead of COVID-19. Research from Forrester reveals that 73 per cent of buyers find the web more convenient – it estimates that by 2023, 17 per cent of all B2B transactions will happen through e-commerce.
We want to work with partners to make sure your products are fully exposed to potential customers here and in the 140 countries around the world where Microsoft operates. That exposure might come via Microsoft sales, through reseller channels, directly in-product (where a user is introduced to a third-party product from within Teams, Office or Dynamics – giving them the chance to try then buy from inside out platform), or buying directly through the Microsoft Marketplace.
Momentum is growing in Microsoft Marketplace – there are 7,000 publishers, 15,500 offers and 1,500 are transactable online. To learn more and understand the tiered rewards system, register on the partner network, sign up for marketplace and access the resources there to help you get started.
Support for your business
We’re delighted to see the channel continue to respond with amazing offers for partners as we all navigate this difficult time – here are a handful of the latest offers.
- Arrow – has both M365 and Azure solutions on offer. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Dicker Data – two solutions – one for Windows Virtual Desktop and another for Microsoft 365. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ingram –Windows Virtual Desktop offer– bringing partners up to date and offering a month’s free Azure credit
- Rhipe – two Azure offers available – one offering rebates one offering cashbacks. Contact Rhipe’s Build Better BusinessTeam Lead, Adam, at email@example.com or visit https://rhi.pe/howcanihelp
- Synnex – three migration offers to help partners with Skype for Business to Teams transformations
- TechData – Windows Virtual Desktop offer featuring proof of concept consultations and free migration offers
- Telstra – end to end desktop solution with Surface, Office 365, broadband and support
Stay in the loop
- There are three local forums to keep us all up to date; our public coronavirus page, the local partner blog and the Microsoft Partner Community where you can keep up to date about the many offers that we and the channel have available for your customers to help them through this difficult time.
- Join the Partner to Partner Connection forum to help you manage supply and demand at this difficult time. Some partners have people that are currently underutilised at present – and other partners need some extra support – you can find one another on the forum.
- If you’re building Biz Apps solutions we have created templates that might help accelerate development for healthcare clients and support crisis communications solutions. We also have a Remote Learning Support Centre for both K-12 and Higher Education, to assist customers in the education sector who are rethinking their entire approach to teaching and learning.
- Keep all your great success stories coming to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our next virtual Partner Connect event is scheduled for 30th April – see you there, and in the meantime, thanks again for everything you and your teams are doing – and stay safe.