There’s nothing so rewarding as hearing how our partners are supporting customers with innovative solutions with real impact – and that’s magnified at the moment as so many organisations grapple with the ongoing challenges of COVID-19.
It was great to hear from Rachel Bondi, Chief Partner Officer, Microsoft Australia, during our most recent virtual Partner Connect about three partners supporting customers from around Australia through the crisis:
- 5P helped Austin Health to accelerate the deployment of Office 365 and Teams to support staff working remotely– what was once envisaged as a six-month project was completed in a fortnight.
- BCPrise worked with Spinal Cord Injuries Australia to use Teams to allow important patient therapy sessions to be delivered remotely.
- Barhead has helped The Y build a PowerApp in a matter of days that streamlined how staff could apply for the Government’s JobKeeper support package.
Please let us know what you have been working on with customers as they address the COVID-19 challenge and now start to prepare for the recovery phase. As always, I’m so impressed and humbled by the efforts of our partners, helping customers through this challenging time – please continue to share your stories with us at email@example.com
Preparing for recovery
Many organisations are now starting to plan for the recovery phase, reopening businesses in some cases, bringing people back to the office. But we believe there is real value in learning from the remote working experience, and helping customers build new practices and solutions for the “new normal”. We’re really keen to hear how you are helping customers plan for the recovery phase – please let us know what you are doing through the Partner Community.
The Government is encouraging business to plan for recovery now. As we enter the recovery phase there are significant opportunities to support customers with:
- Education and training – how can we boost digital literacy among Australian businesses and workers seeking to reskill?
- Cyber security – ensuring consistent messaging about the increase in cyber security threats since COVID-19 and the shift to working from home, and how businesses and individuals can manage them.
- Going digital – how can we accelerate the digital transformation underway, and how do we promote digital adoption to those businesses still struggling with new technologies?
- Safe and healthy at home – how can we use technology to help people feel more connected, to promote healthy lifestyles, and support healthier mental wellbeing?
Key themes we are currently seeing that will need our Partner ecosystem to rally to support :
- Accelerated digital transformation
- Remote working
- Local manufacturing
- Supply chain and traceability great example FedEx and Microsoft partnership
- Cyber security
Support for partners preparing for recovery
- There is a wealth of go-to-market support and digital marketing content on-demand freely available to all tiers of partners and additional free Go to Market services benefits for silver and gold partners that can be activated in Partner Center.
- One thing that should help you transition customers is the change to Microsoft 365 branding – while there is no change to pricing or features, there are changes to how we are branding each offer that should help partners upsell. Go online to understand how this branding change will affect your go-to-market approach.
- We’re also introducing two new Microsoft 365 advanced specializations that were recently released. To recognise our partners leading in this space, we’re announcing the new calling for Microsoft Teams Advanced Specialization and Teamwork Deployment Advanced Specialization. Head to Partner Center to review your competency status and requirements and then start working towards earning your advanced specialization today.
- The Partner Community offers a great opportunity to share insights with your peers – and engage in skills sharing, with the forum being used as an informal professional matching site for access to skilled personnel who may have been temporarily benched.
Stay up to date with our upcoming digital events for all the latest updates:
- Microsoft Inspire – July 21-22. Make sure it’s in your calendar.
- Partner Connect Series – May 28, 11:30am – 12:30pm AEST.
Our digital events that you may have missed, but you can still watch all the sessions on-demand:
We’re here to help
Your success is our success and we’re always here to help – keep connected through the dedicated Partner Community.
And let us know if there are any topics you’d like us to explore in more depth during our Partner connect via firstname.lastname@example.org.